View Single Post
Old 03-31-19, 05:06 PM   #17
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default PICK YOUR REAL BAD GUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
So you are saying if Doenitz had 300 uboat, was able to produce the type XXI earlier, and got Goerring forex for a more assisting Luftwaffe...

There would still be no chance to choke Britain?

Hard to believe. Since Britain had no intention of advancing Anti sub tech after WW1.
A MORE SEVERE LONGER CHOKING PERHAPS BUT THE RESULT WOULD BE THE SAME AFTER OUR TECHNOLOGY ULTIMATELY NUKED NAZI SUB PENS ENROUTE TO BERLIN-IF U WANT TO DREAM YA GOTTA DREAM ON BOTH SIDES OF THE WHAT IF EQUATION BECAUSE RABID 'BOMBER' HARRIS, A PROPONENT OF TOTAL WARFARE, WOULDN'T HESITATE...
Quote:
"I ... assume that the view under consideration is something like this: no doubt in the past we were justified in attacking German cities. But to do so was always repugnant and now that the Germans are beaten anyway we can properly abstain from proceeding with these attacks. This is a doctrine to which I could never subscribe. Attacks on cities like any other act of war are intolerable unless they are strategically justified. But they are strategically justified in so far as they tend to shorten the war and preserve the lives of Allied soldiers. To my mind we have absolutely no right to give them up unless it is certain that they will not have this effect. I do not personally regard the whole of the remaining cities of Germany as worth the bones of one British Grenadier Whenever the bombing campaign of World War II is considered it must be appreciated that the war was an "integrated process". As an example, quotingAlbert Speer from his book Inside The Third Reich, "ten thousand [88mm] anti-aircraft guns ... could well have been employed in Russia against tanks and other ground targets". The Soviet commanders clearly recognized Harris' efforts, as shown by the 29 February 1944 award of the Russian Order of Suvorov First Class to the air marshal

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 03-31-19 at 06:32 PM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote