Thread: P3 wth!
View Single Post
Old 09-24-17, 10:04 AM   #16
A-Ganger
Sparky

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Another update:

I went ahead and replaced the TACCO.dll that CrazyIvan had linked, and it appears to have fixed the 32555 issue.
I shot 3 torpedoes at different angles (behind, in front and flying beside) target and they all went to target! Awesome!! Thanks

Now a different issue regarding the Captors.

I launched 5 Captors in 7000 ft of water. Every one disappeared from map when they got to around 1150 ft.

The !DWX_RA_1_43_OPFOR_INFO.TXT file discusses the issue of the Captor in previous updates and again in newest update. It appears the Captor was "meant" to be removed from the map if it was launched in depths greater than approx. 3200ft.
However in the previous mods, the Captor would not actually be removed, it would just always sink to 1477 feet, instead of sinking to a set depth in the TACCO screen.

This may have been related to the issue I kept seeing of them not launching the torpedo while sitting at 1477 ft.
While they didn't disappear in deeper water (like they do now), maybe the fact that the code had it sit at 1477 ft which in turn also prevented it from functioning correctly and NOT launching the torpedo.
That is probably what I was seeing although it was not correctly documented.
Meaning it didn't say anywhere that if it was launched in too deep water it would instead sit at 1477 ft and not function. It only stated that in deep water the (surface, shallow, deep and bottom settings) would not function and instead just sink to 1477 ft.

I will test this theory again in a shallower water map today and see if they work any better.

Please relay to Crazy Ivan that the TACCO.dll fix seems to work and he should add it to the 1.43 mod file or inform everyone to replace the TACCO.dll file with the new one.

Last edited by A-Ganger; 09-24-17 at 10:45 AM.
A-Ganger is offline   Reply With Quote