View Single Post
Old 11-19-16, 08:06 AM   #582
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I am really sorry the Beast if I have insulted you in any way but that wasn't really my intention at all. My English is far from perfect and indeed my thoughts transferred to forums can sometimes sound more criticizing than I actually feel.

I wont bother you anymore but I just want to share some of my recent findings which you may find interesting...

In TWoS 1.06 I finally managed to catch up with long standing issue of CTDs involved around imported dat air/sea/env units. (especially noticeable when dealing with light buoys and OHII airplanes).
I was very surprised to find out that, in almost all cases, simple re-saving dsd,sim,val and zon files of problematic unit with goblin editor will resolve CTD issues ?! From some reason, SH5 doesn't like files edited with S3D only, but if you verify the same file by resaving it with goblin, all is OK.

I'm not sure what is going on exactly here but this probably may be the cause of CTD issues accumulated over the years .

I hope you'll find this info useful in your search for unexplained CTD issues.
I just want to say that my favorite imported model(s) are the Buoys. That is why I was focusing on them when I was trying to tell you about the problems with the imported models.
I wasn't saying remove them permanently, that was just to demonstrate that they were a problem.
The Buoy 3D model is wrong and it is not complete and should be fixed.
There really isn't a light lens on any of the Buoys. They are using the entire 3D model as a lens and then some(3) had caustic controllers so in tern you are putting caustic effect on the RayTracedHalo lights(very bad).
I removed the caustic controller on all 3 Buoys using "GoblinEditor" and most of the CTD problems went away pertaining to Buoys and I could return to port feeling pretty sure I would not CTD.
That is what I was trying to tell you when you got all defensive about the buoys and blew me off.
The Light lens still needs to be cut and made into its own 3D object.
The collusion 3D model should be added as its own 3d model and if you want caustics more 3D models etc.
A lot of the imported models have issues like this. It is more then just using Goblin Editor to re-save everything.
I am glad that you did finally look at this.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote