View Single Post
Old 03-17-11, 12:19 PM   #410
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Nexus, thanks but it was a my choice not to include the Lut dials in the interface. First of all, there is no way to check if the torpedo in the selected tube is Fat or Lut or just a plain torpedo. Second, it's better to use Lut torpedoes from the Attack Map because you can see their pattern there. I actually took a lot of convincing to include the salvo and Fat dials, since I myself never used them and they were never done successfully in SH3 interfaces either. So it never was a problem of "not knowing how", it was an "I did it but it sucks, so I've removed it" thing And this was even before creating the 3d panels and rendering the images you see in the game. Here's the actual post: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...8&postcount=51

As I recall, the Lut dials were not really usable (in the vanilla game), it wasn't just my interface. If you've managed to fix them, that's wonderful knews, but I'd still only use them in the Attack Map, for the above reasons. As for modifying the interface, you're free to do as you please with it, but I'm not touching it again. It's final as it is and very very hard to modify, even for me. A simple glance through the image files will reveal just how intertwined the elements of the interface are. Even I don't remember everything that's in it. I used to have a list of all my items somewhere but I can't find it anymore. The interface has a life of its own now, free from its creator , liiive little thing, liiive
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote