View Single Post
Old 10-25-13, 11:36 PM   #6
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6
Default py files, Multiple UIs with TDC entries and CTDs or slower game loading

I discovered a problem with residual data similar to **.py script errors post while trying to eliminate CTDs using smaller mod lists than I normally used. To my surprise, I found these files leftover in the Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts\Menu folder shown below in the attachment. I alt-tab (or ctrl-alt-delete) and found the **.py error window. The problem turned out to be newer **.py files compared to stock.

Multiple times I tried to start a campaign using silentotto with a smaller modlist I was surprised to see how long the game was still taking to load.

I disabled all mods and the **.py files was still there. Over the months past, I have disabled all mods during CTD testing. Everyone remember silentotto CTDs!! I never thought to check for this Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts\Menu folder folder possibility of errors before.

This time I manually deleted all **.py files that are not stock. Thank goodness for the archived 1.2 silent hunter DVD to compare to. I reenabled all mods according to my original mod list, disabled them multiple times for test purposes, BUT these **.py files are no longer there, which is supposed to happen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Data.scripts.menu.filename.py.JPG (78.2 KB, 109 views)

Last edited by Mikemike47; 01-24-14 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Simplified description
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote