View Single Post
Old 07-08-08, 12:05 AM   #11
Frame57
Sea Lord

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

yeah, this mission is a toughy. I played it twice more with limited success. You are right you have to get ahead of the tanker. I used ESM to find surface craft to avoid targeting them. So I pick up on Radar what i thought was a Kilo because I visually saw nothing in that direction using the scope. Active sonar produced nill aswell. My harpoon would not aquire the surfaced Kilo even though I had it on Narrow search, but instead I guess Gilligan showed up again and the poon takes out a cruise ship. So I try it again only this time using snapshot coordinates and damned if it did screw up again. So to fair to Gilligan, I know now that the Kilos are at the far end of the run on opposite ends. Using active sonar seems to keep them from performing an early assault so once i was in water where the depth would be sufficient so my torps would not bottom out I snapped shot 4 Mk 48's. I had a very weak signal on Kilo #2 that I could not see on the monitor using active sonar, so I guessed at the snapshot coordinate. Give this tactic a shot and let me know how you fair with it?
Frame57 is offline   Reply With Quote