View Single Post
Old 08-23-17, 08:22 PM   #27
PoorOldSpike
Seaman

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by biosthetique View Post
Yes, I can tell you what you did wrong: You did not read the manual. Then you did not look at tutorial vids.
In brief you did not research your subject before jumping into the water, and resisted incoming information, so you drowned..
An interesting conspiracy theory mate, but no..
Perhaps I didn't explain clearly enough, so here are another set of 3 stunning new screenshots from tests I just conducted which will illustrate further what I've been saying.
These pics are of an ENEMY- repeat ENEMY- Perry, note how it does everything right despite being under computer control. Firstly it fires Harpoons at hostile ships-

Then it fires SAMs at incoming skimmers, and note the ships wake as it cleverly manoeuvres-

And finally its Gatling begins speaking-

Get it? to their great credit, the DW developers have given enemy AI vessels the brains to both engage the enemy and to defend themselves, that's AI programming of the highest order and they deserve a medal, (even the ships in the much-hyped CMANO/Inferno/Chains don't have the brains to do that!)
But as I've said all along in this thread, our human-controlled DW vessel has to be ordered manually to fire its Harpoons and SAMs, and manoeuvred around.
I daresay a lot of players enjoy micromanaging like that, but regrettably I'm not one of them.
So thanks to everybody's input to this unearthly thread, my original question has been answered, namely that DW ownships have to be micromanaged because they won't do it themselves.
I'm not saying it's a game flaw, it's just the way the game was designed..

Last edited by PoorOldSpike; 08-23-17 at 08:30 PM.
PoorOldSpike is offline   Reply With Quote