View Single Post
Old 09-10-10, 03:24 PM   #5618
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed View Post
I understand they felt GWX for SH4 was going to be a huge waste of time, after all SH5, from the get go was going to be EPIC! and they felt it would be a huge WASTE.. Why build a Mustang for us, when were all getting a Lamborghini!

The fact is, they should of waited for SH5 to come out.. Maybe not dedicate much time to SH4 GWX (which I don't even play, but have and know the potential) but just keep it open for options..

I feel bad they left and decided to NEVER again do any GWX (which is weird as it was just a hobby and something to help us all out)

I wonder how they feel now after knowing SH5 is a DISASTER of a game, and SH4 GWX we could only imagine how great it could of been.

With all that, I lost my SH4 disc somewhere during a couple moves.. I would rather get it "other ways" and give them the 20 or 30 bucks.

It doesn't pay bills, but maybe show them the appreciation we all have. Even if it takes YEARS to come out, who cares, I am sure we will all wait

Oh well, its a shame, but its still kinda wierd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draka View Post
It's not weird - it's called "burn-out". Even and especially for a hobby, many of them put in WAAAAY too many hours and MUCH hard work - they just called it quits out of sheer exhaustion. I greatly applaud the work they have done, and after a while to recuperate some of them may return - but I fear not as the focussed, dedicated organization they were. As times go on, things change - and the "Grey Wolves" have left a very large legacy behind them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed View Post
But almost anything you "burn out" from you get back into it.. I love Jiu-Jitsu and very often get burnt out from it.. So I stop for a while, but since its something I love to do, I always return to it.. Shoot, I just started to build model planes again and haven't since I was a kid.. I think we can all name about a hundred hobbies we all love and hate at the same time

Its just at the end of the day, we do it and continue to do it because WE LOVE IT.. Unless they were really miserable and hated doing it, I cannot see never going back to it.

This doesn't mean I don't appreciate what they have done! I am a huge fan of GWX, I just don't buy the statement that they will NEVER do another GWX mod again.. Unless as I said, they don't like doing it.

There were quite a few reasons The Grey Wolves eventually decided to call it a day.....reasons I'm not prepared to go into publicly because some were of a personal nature and some even life changing.

The post/announcement made by Kpt Lehmann is very accurate but as I posted earlier, there are a few of us still modding SH3 and V but not in such an expansive or organised way.

I'm sincerely hoping to see a mod group form and tackle the job of improving SHV.....I just can't see it happening in the nearby future until an announcement from Ubisoft is released regarding the topic of future game patches.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote