View Single Post
Old 11-22-11, 03:29 PM   #1284
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

How to use Placement control

How to use the Placement Control in SH5 to re-position Hinged Snorkle Model depending on current Conning Tower.

Yes, it is very obvious Ubi's Dev's were rushed. To bad Ubi does not support thier releases.

Using Type-VIIB as example reference because it has 3 CT:
The positioning of the Conning Towers is not consistant. (The location of the Conning Towers Leading Edge vary Fore/Aft and PORT/STBD.)
I want to use the Placement Control atteched to each Conning Tower Model so this control can move the Snorkle Model to correct Position depending on current Conning Tower installed.

This would result in the use of one(1) Snorkle Model that can be used on the Type-VII no matter what conning tower is installed.

Placement Control:
- Parent ID = Snorkle Model Base Node ID (Just 4/100 Node with Label)
- Object to Place Node ID = Snorkle Assy Node ID (Just 4/100 Node with Label Parent ID = Snorkle Base. This Node is Parent Node for actual Model Nodes)
- Both ID's are in the Snorkle Model

If I add the Placement control to the Conning Tower SIM file, Goblin Editor see's this Control as a lost controller because the Parent Node is on different Model.

Trying this next:
So I made DAT files for each Conning Tower and the only Control in these DAT files is the Placement control.
I edited the Conning_7B_0x.lst (x = 0 or 1 or 2) file located in the "data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7b\Submarine Parts" folder adding line that tells Model to load this new DAT.
i.e. Line added "data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7b\Submarine Parts\Conning_7B_0x.dat"
-=[EDIT UPDATE]=-
This did not work. The Snorkle postion did not change when installing different Conning Tower.
I can not move the Conning Tower because then the Deck Watch Hatch would not line up with the Conning Tower Room.
I really hate SH5 but I also really hate to give up.
Such a long list of bugs and that list keeps growing.

My questions are
- Am I implementing this control correctly?
- Can the Placement control be attached to Model A and adjust Model B?
- Is there a better way to implement this control?
- Is there another solution that can be used?

Here can see how far Conning Tower 1 extends foreward of Conning Tower 0

Currently I can load this Snorkle Model and everything functions correctly with the exception of purging Co2 level inside submarine interior.
TheDarkWraith has noted that this may require a SH5.exe edit in order for Snorkle circulate O2 and to purge Co2, as was done to SHIII. I have PM'd H.sie asking about this change.

Please Advise!
Thank You!
Regards!
TheBeast

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 11-24-11 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Adding more information
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote