View Single Post
Old 06-15-19, 12:39 PM   #383
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Well, folks, after three years of living without a computer running Windows, I've partially gone to the dark side and dedicated a carefully quarantined and defanged hard drive to again boot Windows when I want. This means I'll be able to reload SH4 and resume producing tactics tutorials and videos.

My intent for this thread was to be unique in all of Subsim by teaching boat handling, attack tactics and how to think about the World War II submarine war. This thread should be useful for any game based on World War II submarines and not constrained by the mechanics, quirks and old man-itis of Silent Hunter 4.

I enthusiastically and unapologetically champion the philosophies of Eugene Fluckey, Admiral Lockwood and Dick O'Kane in believing that the job of a submarine is to be dangerous, not hiding when no one is looking. I believe that the number of contacts developed is proportional to the number of square miles of ocean surface searched each day, and you can't do that submerged all day. I'm a royal pain and I hope you enjoy it.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote