View Single Post
Old 12-01-12, 07:47 PM   #60
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by La vache View Post
I see. SH3 Commander can only be read on the date of beginning Patrol.
JSGME activation is accurate solution.

La vache
Ok, I was hoping that was the case otherwise I was going to be very confused. I will go ahead and include the option in the readme for the next release, just so people are aware that it is an option.

I got your email. I have looked at what you've done so far, it looks pretty good.

The Wanze reference has been a problem for me for some time. The first time it is issued is on 2 Aug 43 with the opening of the Piening route. Then on 29 Aug 43, BdU restricts entry into certain grids, without actually closing the Piening route. Then on 31 Aug 43 BdU "opens" it again (or removes the grid restrictions, depending on how you look at it). What I did with the actual orders templates is I removed the grid restrictions from the SOP template for 31 Aug 43, but I didn't include a message from BdU. I don't know if this is the best solution, but the real problem is that Wanze is not actually simulated anywhere in the game. The RWR's simulated before and after are FuMB-7 Naxos and FuMB-10 Borkum, respectively. How about translating this for me instead for a transmission on 31 Aug 43:

Quote:
The grid restrictions for entry into the Piening route are no longer in effect.
That way I can hopefully refer to Wanze as little as possible.

A couple of issues:

First, it seems that the image manipulation program that you are using is creating some errors in the overlay templates. I have included a screen cap of some examples.

In addition, I am going to stick to the blue background. It is easier to work with, since I already have it that way. Also, there are several reasons I went with a darker background. One is that the blue is supposed to somewhat match the ocean background. In addition, a lighter color over such a large space can be quite blinding, especially if you are playing in the dark. Feel free to edit it to suit your purposes.

Also, when I do the orders templates, I will be keeping a similar tab to what I originally had in the lower right hand corner, as I essentially modeled it on makman's GUI, and I will be maintaining that format. Also, I will release a set of German orders where one has the swastika and one does not. That way people can use it as they see fit.

I'm hoping that you don't feel like you wasted your time on the graphics stuff, I was hoping that I had communicated that a little better up thread, since I have all the graphics stuff well in hand. If you could just do the translating, I'll take care of the rest. It will probably be easiest for me to manipulate the graphics stuff since I made it all and I still have the original files to work with my image program.

Good luck and keep up the good work!
rudewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote