View Single Post
Old 06-14-06, 06:15 PM   #1
Dutch
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0
Default Falcon 4.0 AF? Anyone heard of it.

Hey guys just wanted to drop in a good word about a sim game thats been around maybe 6months to a year. Its called Falcon 4.0 Allied Forces. Its a modern flight simulation where you fly 3 varients of the F-16 in 2 theaters based on fictional events.

Now I will have to explain this in a little bit of detail but this is the real seller. You guys are big fans of the SH3 dynamic campgain right? Not mission based "levels" but actually having randomness involved, well this is where Falcon 4.0 shines. Your missions you fly, and the results there after (succes or failure) determines the outsome of the war. Your not the only plane out there. You fly along side or against AI that are trying to complete thier own objectives.

For example. The "theater screen" for the Balkans consist of part of italy Serbia Bosnia, and the countries in and around there. In one "operation" Serbia has taken over Bosnia and your fighting to keep them from taking over nearby countries. Day 1 6:00:00, by the way the map present the whole war IN REAL TIME! My first frag list comes in, in order of take off timeand or priority, I chose a strike mission a a key bridge along the frontlines that the enemy planes to cross. I load up my laser guided LGU-24B/Bs and prepar to fly, you can chose to start out and manualy start up the engines which take around 25 mins, or taxi to the runway, or start off right on the runway. I chose taxi. I call to the Tower and get clearance to taxi to runway 2 6 hold short. I stop just before it, get clearance to "depart", "Falcon 11 request clearance to depart". The Tower answers back, "Falcon 11 position and hold on runway 26". I pull onto the runway and stop. Tower comes back with, "Falcon 11 you are cleared for depature, departe heading 1 7 0." I take off and turn left to 170.

As I leave I here the Tower radio my wingman, "Flacon 12 position and hold on runway 2 6." As I leave the ground I hear, "Falcon 1 2 you are cleared for departure, depart heading 1 7 0." After i fly on the heading 1 7 0 to clear the traffic I here, "Falcon 11 resume self-navigation," and I am cleared to continue with my mission. I climbed to 22,000 ft and head for my objective. While I'm in there air I hear the chatter of other flights, Viper1, Snake 5, and others calling out to thier wingman and others. Then I hear, "Falcon 11 this is Sentry1 (AWACS) be advised hostile aircraft bullseye 1 4 5 50 miles angles 10." I call out to me wingman, "Falcon 1 2 weapons free." We turn to engage what appears on our RWR as Mig-29s. The planes turn tail and outrun us, so we continue on our mission.

Once I get over target I desend to 5,000 ft and use CCRP (Constant Computed Release Point) to drop my laser guided bombs on the target. Unfortunatly due to my noobism, I missed and I wingman and i were forced to abort due to SAM and a large number of bogeys heading right for us.

Once I get within 30 miles of homeplate I radio in, "Falon 1 inbound for landing", the come back with,"Good Morning Falcon 1 desend to 2,000, await vectors to final." I desend. Around 19 miles out I hear,"Falcon 11 your are number 1 to land, to right heading 2 8 0 maintan speed of 2 6 0, await vectos to final." After a while I hear, "Falcon 11 turn left heading 2 6 0, final approach, maintan speed of 2 4 0 check gear down!" SH*! i forgot and lowerd my gear and landed gentle. When I reached the end of the runway I hear, "Falcon 11 taxi clear of the runway, incoming traffic," and the AI tower proceeds to vector my wingman down. I was needless to say flabbergasted by this. Never have I seen or played or heard of a sim that has a tower that talks you down, as this one did and ON TARGET! Simply amazing. I exited the mission to the debrief screen where I saw my results. Mission: Failure no damage done to target. Down near the bottom of the screen is a Results sections. Due to your failure, ATC has organized another flight to attack your target. I reutnr to the theature screen and sure enough Viper3 was enroute to destroy the bridge. While Enroute an enemy Battalion crossed over and engaged NATO forces, forcing them to retreat. Soon after Priority A CAS mission came flooding in to add the retreating NATO forces. I had failed, and the men on the ground were paying for it.

The features on this sim are more than I can name. I can only suggest you look it up. You can only fly 3 variants of the F-16 but with all the other things you can do, why would you want to fly any thing else. There are two theaters Korea and the Balkans, each have 3 different operations inclucde. Not to mention you can change the year/technology of the time. for each from present day to 2005 to 2010!

For those guys who have to have the beautiful "eye candy" this ins't for you. The graphics are nice, but not excellent, but if your one of those guys who love to have realism in a game and are looking for a nice Modern Day Flight Sim with a real Dynamic Campgain this is the one for you!