Old 09-24-18, 06:56 PM   #2
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitednate View Post
Hello All,

I’ve gotten the mod to work so I had a couple other questions regarding this mod. I was wondering how the campaign in this mod compared to the vanilla game because wasn’t it the case in the vanilla game where there were just WAY too many enemy aircraft around for that aspect to be considered even remotely realistic? How does FOTRS compare?

Also, I remember that enemy merchant ships in the vanilla game also used to be way too maneuverable (stopped and started on a dime) and were way too easily dodging torpedos. Is it the same in FOTRS?

In addition, I just attacked an enemy invasion force (destroyers, CAs, and merchants) in rough seas at night and somehow the enemy was not only able to spot my scope in rough seas at night but then also proceeded to shell me with their 8 inch guns on their first shot with me at periscope depth and I was dead. Also, I was not keeping my scope up a long time. Maybe pop it up for 15s or so then lowered it again. Seems a little far fetched.....

I can give you a totally biased opinion on FOTRSU. First, let me say that FOTRSU is a work in progress, things are constantly being improved. In my humble opinion there is no comparison between the vanilla and FOTRSU, FOTRSU is way better. Planes have been toned down, the enemy AI is not so superhuman as they seem in the vanilla game. Form your own opinion, give it a try and see what you think, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote