View Single Post
Old 05-24-16, 10:42 AM   #47
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 1

Default Uboat Aces screen

Uboat Aces screen.

Let's say, that for me is not interesting to compare myself with the real Uboat Aces.
It's not relevant, even with my over 100% realism game, I pretty quick overtake them.
So, why not to use the Uboat Aces screen to compare all of mine captains.
If you play with different the captain name for every new career and want this, it's very easy to do.
All you need, is notepad. And for more easy, JSGME.
I recommend to make it JSGME ready. So first, go in "SH3/MODS" directory and create there a folder "UboatAces", in this folder create folder "data", in data create folder "cfg".
Now go in "SH3\data\Cfg", copy from there the file "UboatAces.cfg" and paste it in the new mod folder.
From here on, after every patrol you disable this mod, edit the cfg file and enable it again.
All is very understandable if you look at the original UboatAces.cfg, but however I will explain.

After your first patrol, you open the file "UboatAces.cfg", delete everything and start from the beginning:
Code:
[INIT]
Nb=1   ;;;for now it is one captain, rise by one with every new captain

[ITEM0]   ;;;your first captain
Name=Hans Reitz   ;;;captain name
NbVal=1  ;;for now it is one patrol, rise by one with every new patrol for this captain

Date0=1939   ;;;end date for the first patrol
Month0=10
Day0=4
Tonnage0=8400   ;;;tonnage for this patrol
After second patrol, you rise NbVal= by one and add new date and tonnage.
Pay attention: the first patrol is Date0(Tonnage0), the second is Date1, the third is Date2 and so on:
Code:
[INIT]
Nb=1

[ITEM0]
Name=Hans Reitz
NbVal=2  ;;;now are two patrols

Date0=1939
Month0=10
Day0=4
Tonnage0=8400

Date1=1939   ;;;end date for the second patrol
Month1=12
Day1=8
Tonnage1=2400   ;;;tonnage for this patrol
OK. Let's kill this captain and start with new one. In the beginning of the file you rise by one
"[INIT]
Nb="

Then, after last entry of the first captain you add new one "[ITEM1]".
Pay attention: the first captain is [ITEM0], the second is [ITEM1], the third one is [ITEM2] and so on:
Code:
[INIT]
Nb=2   ;;;now are two captains

[ITEM0]
Name=Hans Reitz
NbVal=2

Date0=1939
Month0=10
Day0=4
Tonnage0=8400

Date1=1939
Month1=12
Day1=8
Tonnage1=2400

[ITEM1]   ;;;your second captain
Name=Walter Kuhl
NbVal=1

Date0=1940
Month0=1
Day0=18
Tonnage0=3000
And so on... Now for me is more interesting.
After you have 4-5 or more captains behind your back, they are compared and arranged according their tonnage in that time, and you see how your current captain do the job compared with your past captains.