View Single Post
Old 01-01-19, 01:09 PM   #686
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeHeretic View Post
- Lighthouse with red light (as a marker to port side of route into the ports)
- I think, that "common" lighthouse used in game can be lighthouse which i have, with normal, long blinking white light.
But on the long coastal lines, where are a lot of lighthouses in some distances i want sometimes some specific lighthouse, from
which i can recognize where exactly i am. I know it already from transatlantic travels, that error of my position after transatlantic route is so big, that even if i find a lighthouse on horizont, im never sure which one it is...
So... idea is have few "morse" blinking lighthouses. I think that 4 "bit" table must be enough for everyone.
So when we look into morse code table, there are this possibilities for lighthouses:
B -...

C -.-.

F ..-.

H ....

L .---

Q --.-

V ...-

X -..-

Y -.--

Z --..
With lighthouse which i already have (lets call him "slow blinker") and when can be speed of blinking changed to quick, we have table of 12 unique lights (+ red one)!

So when i get the markings from that page, we can have FL, Q, MoB, MoC, MoF, MoH, MoL, MoQ, MoV, MoX, MoY, MoZ and Iso R.
Now question for you is, if it is possible? (Im sure just only about changing color of light, even if i don't know how to do it.)
You'd need to play with the particles settings on the light houses to try to get the morse code thing.
Each Light house can be done separately so it should be possible.
I'd suggest leaving the rotating white light alone and adding your morse code blinker as a separate light with no rotation.
On top of the Light House perhaps as a red blinking light?

Or maybe a small light near the base to simulate someone on shore sending you a signal?
Danged spies!

Last edited by Jeff-Groves; 01-01-19 at 01:31 PM.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote