View Single Post
Old 06-15-18, 05:57 AM   #7964
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
That seems sensible enough, but 'brain drain' is thing too. We have our own home grown doctors and yet we need more from other nations too, do those nations still have enough trained doctors for themselves? and if so why/how are they producing more than us?
I dunno its weird how people will argue for immigration based on the need for more NHS doctors, surely the elephant(s) in the room, is that we aren't producing enough doctors & nurses or - we are and they just don't want to work for the NHS because its horrible.
Fixing a nations skills shortage with migrants, should be considered a band aid or gap plug rather than a proper sustainable solution.
The current model begs the question, what are we going to do the day skilled migrants no longer want to come here for what ever reason?
E.g housing shortage, wages vs cost of living, economy tanks, political climate etc.
Some fair and valid points but it has worked for Canada, Australia and New Zealand to name a few.

My understanding is that a growing number of our trained medical staff prefer to go abroad once qualified for higher renumeration packages and a higher standard of living.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)