View Single Post
Old 09-27-06, 08:01 PM   #210
Schultzy
Commander

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

Wow, now there is a question...let me think (don't do that often, so if you smell wood burning, don't call the fire brigade, it's only me! hehe)

Quote:
How did you learn about Subsim?
Well, i've always been into all things naval and after i bought my first pc and quickly installed SH2 onto it, i found the Wolfpack League and the links to subsim.com

Quote:
When did you first visit?
Signed up around christmas time. Best present i ever got was my subsim membership!

Quote:
What do you recall about Subsim upon your first vist? (Some article, some game, maybe some forum topic, etc.)
It was just an overall impression, rather than a topic or a game etc. It really felt like a home. Sounds corny, but doesn't stop it being true. Everyone seemed like they genuinely enjoyed visiting, contributing and making the place great!

Quote:
What type of forum was Subsim using at the time? (Matt's BBS, EZBoard, phpBB 1.44, etc)
oh heck, can't remember to be honest, i think it was ezboard but don't quote me!

Quote:
What was your name or Subsim nickname then? Same as now or something else?
Same one.

Quote:
Anything else you would like to mention (nostalgic times, people, events in the Subsim community):
lots of stuff, too numerous to mention, but of course, I remember Frank, i remember Crow; iirc he was very generous with his €€'s. Drebbel (with his moderator's hat on! ) Of course, the drive to get SH2 fixed and the subsequent Projekt Messerwetzer and Pacific mod. And last but by no means least, who could forget Torplexed's amazing and hilarious toons. (He's a genius!)
Just so many great memories! Can't believe i've been coming here for almost 5 years....feels like 5 minutes.

Thanks Subsim!
SH5 is to history what Star Trek is to science...it is exciting and inspiring, but eventually you have to come home from the convention, take off the pointy ears, and come to the realization that it was all just pretend and make-believe.
Schultzy is offline   Reply With Quote