Yahoshua
The Old Man

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradclark1
Quote:
Originally Posted by waste gate
Why would anyone using a firearm as self defense use a triggerlock (liberal feel good law) and or use the bedroom as the only place to keep the firearm(s)?
An 8 year old and his brother about a 1/2 mile from here was at their grandparents playing. Found the shell's and shotgun loaded it, playing cops and robbers and blew half his brothers head off. His grandfather committed suicide a few month's later. If he'd have obeyed that 'liberal feel good law' the child would still be alive today and so would the grandfather. So yeah I'm for gun safety. Where do you keep your weapons? A secured gun cabinet? What's the difference between the two? Or are you one of those responsible adults who has them laying around locked and loaded?
August already stated the 2 main reasons why this event occurred. But I'll rebut as to WHY gun-locks aren't advisable:

1. A gun lock on a gun means I cannot use it when I need it.
2. Gun locks can be defeated by anybody with a dremel and lots of time.

Firearm safety is a great concept:

-Firearms that are used as a PDW are kept on your persons at all times.
-Firearms that aren't used as a PDW are kept in the safe, gun locks (A.K.A. trigger locks) are absolutely worthless. The firearm can still be transported out of the home and into "the streets".

Yahoshua is offline   Reply With Quote