View Single Post
Old 10-12-17, 11:05 AM   #140
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Not if the horn's sound is read on the ship's sound, else you will hear the ship's sound from 30 km ! So, the horn's sound must be separated from the ship's sound.
Okay

Quote:
I see, same solution as for La Plate texture (the tower was black) !
Yep, unfortunately it doesn't apply in this case, because among stock files I couldn't find any example of a "texture map" (type 13/0) controller with an embedded opacity mask. The latter type of controller got the usual "Disable z-buffer + enable alpha blend" checkbox though (its name is S3d is actually misleading: it should be rather called "enable alpha test"), so I suspect that also the hidden (and actual) alpha blend flag must be there, though we cannot see/edit it

Quote:
So, we couldn't switch on/off our lighthouses' light halo depending on day/night period ?
Maybe if I manage solving the opacity issue...

Quote:
Wow, you know how to use these things ? Else, ask Jeff Grooves.
Not exactly. I can perform basic tweaks, preferably under the directions of someone who knows hex editing stuff better than me, but I am a curious guy, I like to learn, and I know how to find information on the web

I wish Jeff was around. Unfortunately he has been unusually silent during the last months; I hope everything is well with him.

There are several other "old school hardcore" SHIII modders who might help us on this topic, including Anvar, but none of them has ever shown interest in our mods since when I have started cooperating with you, VonDos, MLF, LGN1, the_frog, etc.

Another modder who could offer us a valid support, is Rosomaha (Russian programmers always rock!). The last year he released in the SH5 modding section an upgrade package for S3D that makes Skwas tool fully compatible with SH5, besides adding several other improvements to it. He, like Jeff, could probably integrate the missing options in S3d. I will drop a PM to him, but unfortunately he too hasn't been active since the month of August.

In absence of better options, I will start digging inot hex editor myself, but let me know if in the meanwhile you can think of someone else who might help us
gap is offline   Reply With Quote