View Single Post
Old 10-12-17, 03:27 AM   #139
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Well, if the sound was set appropriately, it could be heard as far as the game 3D rendering radius
Not if the horn's sound is read on the ship's sound, else you will hear the ship's sound from 30 km ! So, the horn's sound must be separated from the ship's sound.

Quote:
For textures not requiring an opacity mask, it works like a charm. I couldn't manage setting the effect to work with alpha channels though. The workaround I used for the specular mask, was replacing the old material with one copied from a stock file, where it was used for a similar purpose.
I see, same solution as for La Plate texture (the tower was black) !

Quote:
As for the specular map of the La Plate lighthouse, grey tones in the alpha channel are readeither as black (fully trensparent) or white (fully opaque), thus killing the smooth transition effect of light halos.
So, we couldn't switch on/off our lighthouses' light halo depending on day/night period ?

Quote:
Unfortunately, I couldn't find so far a texture map chunk connected with a greyscale alpha channel. That means that I need to discover where is the flag that I need to change, and tweak using an hex editor
Wow, you know how to use these things ? Else, ask Jeff Grooves.