Old 10-11-17, 10:36 AM   #648
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
hi gap,

Another picture from delcampe.net which shows La Plate - no dates though. I think it is showing the tower all red as per the 1922 notice?

I think you are right re. opting for the all red config (between wars). The 1950's one would be a post-war, and the cardinal would be post 1971 (or there-abouts)

Regards,

MLF
Another good picture, and it clearly shows that the dark portion near the waterline is just algae!

At this point, the 1950's paint scheme might be interpetrated as a North cardinal mark (black on top and yellow near the bottom), though the current West mark usage makes much more sense in that position

Since we are at it, let me know if you find anything about the nearby Tourelle du Chat. This beacon is currently painted as a South cardinal mark and I think it has been recently restored, but some pre-restoration pictures show traces of what could be the remains of a previous red paint coat, especially evident near the base. I would be glad if we found pictorial or written confirmation of my suspects...

gap is offline   Reply With Quote