View Single Post
Old 12-20-12, 08:32 AM   #64
Leitender
Planesman

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Let's say I start a patrol on 1 Jun 40. It will load a file in the folder SH3 Commander/Date/19400601. I patrol until 5 Jun 40, then save and quit the game completely. Lets say I have a file in SH3 Commander/Date/19400604. I run SH3 Commander and start the game again. Which file is it supposed to load? 19400601 or 19400604?
rudewarrior

if you want to force SH3 Commander to load your file which ist stored under 19400604, start again the Commander. Your patrol starting date "01.06.40" should be displayed on the starting screen of the Commander (Box 4). Then add the numbers of days in sea, (in this case: 4) via:

options|career options|set numbers of days spent in base to: 4

Now SH3 Commander should load all files til "05.06.40".

"After Sunday June 2, 1940.":

I agree to Wreford Brown´s statement, that neither SH3 nor SH3 Commnander store any mid-patrol data besides the player´s own saves. But these saves were used by none of both, that´s why information ist restricted to "After...".

But obviously, SH Commander adds the numbers of days in base to that patrol date, what i found out when i was messing around with your torpedo.sim and La Vache´s code lines for the radomized_events.cfg.

In general, i would prefer the idea which stands behind SH3 commander because of the automatism instead of manual using JSGME every time, when files have to be exchanged. As most of us see and play SH3 as a sim, few will finish a whole patrol in one evening, so you have to quit and thus to save the game anyway after some ingame days. So updating the Commander isn´t a big thing when restarting the game.

Btw. La vache´s controling of the torpedo.sim via Commander "WAD" if you use the above mentioned updating procedure.

Yours sincerely

Leitender
Leitender is offline   Reply With Quote