View Single Post
Old 07-20-17, 06:25 PM   #18
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfish716 View Post
Lot of stuff in here. I like the in-class variations.

I suggest you use the permit rudder for the Barbel. If you are on the discord server, I can also give you my (early) version that is black with bowplanes rather than sailplanes and you can take whatever you like.

Also, it would make the diesels feel new if you retextured them. I started to do them the other day, but I don't like to play the early stuff as much, so I didn't.
Thanks for the offer I'll see what I can do. I never thought about the rudder. I may be incorrect on this (and please correct me if I am) by my main reason for not doing the bow-mounted fins is that they were dispensed with by 1968. For most if not all (few exceptions being the Thresher, the 688 VLS and the hypotheticals) they fit either the 1968 or 1984 timeline.

I have toyed around with using the Permit dive-planes on some of the diesels, and may be able to get that working at some point.

As far as the textures go, I agree with you that new textures would make them look the part but, I'd rather use a different black texture than what's in the PRS mod. It looks great on the stuff that Ramius and Captainx3 have been able to do, maybe its just vanity but I'd like the stuff in this mod to look different, if that makes any sense. I've gotten a lot of config data from PRS (this mid is not possible without it) I'd rather let them keep the cool black look, even though they'd probably gladly share it with me.

Even if its not really correct, do you know of any "dark grey" texture or where exactly I would look for different textures I could try, because you are right, just about anything that would make them look different from Russian submarines would be a good change.