View Single Post
Old 03-27-09, 01:01 PM   #152
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

well tried telling DirectX to use the desktop resolution and got the access violation again. They use some convoluted, self modifying and appears to be some stack executing code throughout this whole program. It'll give you a headache in no time
But since we have the res fix mod which effectively does what I'm needing done I tried it and it works!! Now I don't see anything stretching or squashed images but maybe I'm not familiar with what I should be looking for. Here's some screenshots with my fix with the res fix mod (both of which are set to 1600 X 900 resolution) set to windowed mode. Everything appears normal to me (I have an nVidia card also if that matters):

so what am I missing here? If someone using an ATI card and is familiar with the problems of the widescreen mod would like to test this PM me.
I'm going to try this in fullscreen mode and take some snapshots of it now. I have a 30" LCD widescreen monitor and with screen resolution set to 1600 X 900 I would think I would see some 'problems' like has been mentioned but I don't see anything.

ok,fullscreen shots:

EDIT: did a little experiment just to ensure the res fix mod wasn't masking anything. I kept my desktop screen resolution to 1600 X 900 but told the res fix mod's cfg file that the resolution was 800 X 600. Result: I was unable to move the mouse cursor any farther than 800 X 600 pixels on screen and everything still appeared normal. So my 'fix' does work and it needs to work in conjunction with the res fix mod to work correctly.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 03-27-09 at 01:22 PM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote