View Single Post
Old 02-10-10, 10:53 PM   #20
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Well, after a bit of testing and experimentation, I am now more mystified than ever.

I removed everything from the Gram folder, and started putting files in one at a time.

First I put in the single file that was there after vanilla install. Went into the game, and everything works fine - except when I activate the gramophone, there are TWO files that play. One is the stock music that's in the Gramophone1.mp3 that came with the game. The other is a file that sounds like an old live recording of a speech being given in German followed by the the sound of marching feet, what may or not be gunfire or cannonfire, then more impassioned speechifying. A wartime or prewar historical recording to my ears. I can use the prev/next buttons to switch between this and the Gramophone1.mp3, which is the ONLY file that's in the Gram folder. Esc, exit, return to base, exit game.

I took out the stock mp3 and replaced it with Tarjak's RadioDL1.ogg file and went back into the game. Same deal. Now there's the mystery file, which plays first, plus the RadioDL1 track. Both play fine, I can skip backwards and forwards between the two.

Exited again and put in one of the .ogg files that always seemed to get skipped when I had a whole batch of files in there. Went back into game, now that file plays fine as well, I can use the prev/next buttons with no problem, but the mystery file plays first and is still there. Esc/exit/return to base/exit game again.

Then I took out the one .ogg file that I had just put in the Gram folder. It's now showing as empty. Go back into game, activate the gramophone, and the mystery file now plays as the one and only track even though it's NOT in the Gramophone folder. I have my folder options set to show me all files, including hidden and system files, so if it's in the Gram folder I should be able to see that it's there, right? And it's not. So where the hell is it, and why is it being included in the in-game gramophone playlist?

I never heard this file before at all, ever, when I've played the gramophone in the game. But if the game is trying to insert this mystery file into the playlist at a certain point and it's conflicting with the sequence I've set up by naming my files 001, 002, etc. - might that be what's causing the problem?
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote