Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigalocus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishmael
I've run the XVIII for a couple of patrols. while not at 100% realism, I only use auto-fire control and no duds. Every other realism option for fuel, sensors, reapair and crew are all set to realistic.

By traveling at 1/3 speed surfaced, I was able to cruise to the south Australian coast, accomplish my mission and return to Singapore unharmed with some minimal fuel left. I would only go to standard, full or flank if stalking a contact. While the AA is deficient, the faster dive time along with the radar detection gives me plenty of time to ge to PD and stay undetected.

I really only use the Waterdrive to sprint below the layer or overhaul a target ahead. In both patrols, I returned with fuel left here as well.
I'm operating from Penang, and my missions are always off Africa or Aden/Iran.

I simply CANNOT get there, I've actually had to turn on Unlimited batteries just so I can get there! (Does having unlimited fuel give unlimited Walter turbine?)
If you cannot but others can you simply do something wrong with fuel management. I suppose you travel into assigned patrol area too fast.

Last edited by Gorshkov; 07-26-08 at 01:38 PM.
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote