Old 07-21-17, 12:02 PM   #74
Wiz33
Navy Dude

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL_Harpoon View Post
I get your point. It's just this sentence that I don't agree with:

My arguments were to point out that there were many different reasons why we have so little sims these days and complaints from so called "hardcore gamers" are one of the least important factors (if they mean anything at all). Just look at flight sims players. They want as much realism in their games as well and it didn't cause the downfall of companies like Eagle Dynamics or Laminar Research. Quite the opposite, those companies stood up to those demands and created a nice niche where they have stable income.
The thing is, flight sim crowd is much bigger that sub sim crowd and that is the main reason there is very little good quality subsims.
It's just bad business to invest large budgets for a small target audience and even if you consider successful games like CW you have to remember that sales that are a success for a company like KillerFish Games would still be a failure for big studios like Ubisoft.
Well, Aircraft sims have the advantage that they also attracts the non gaming civil aviation crowds (especially X-Plane). Eagle dynamic also have a interesting business model as in they sell a lot of add-ons for new platforms. which is probably what's sustaining them since the core product was 2011. DLCs is the current trend to sustain a product between development cycle of new products. Just look at CMANO and it's expansion packs.
Wiz33 is offline   Reply With Quote