View Single Post
Old 07-29-12, 09:01 AM   #12
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

One minor setback, or not so minor - depends on your taste: TrackIR is currently not supported. The producer of TrackiR so far they do not plan to support it since in their last assessment Prepar3d has noit the potential to become that widespread platform to justify this move.

If they are not wrong there - who knows!?

To what degree TrackIR can be used in mousemode, I do not know. Alternative software like EZDOC and others get mentioned, but I do not know these, I do not know what they are and what they do, and they cost money.

Both Lockheed and TrackIR said in the past they insist on using their own native drivers, and since none of them wants to give in to the other, it is unlikely that the stalemate gets solved soon. Locvkheed is limited by the license deal they had with Micriosoft and do not want to comppromise their new code with adding foreign drivers into it, probably, and TrackIR do not want to invest in developement for a sim theyx do not give much market shares in the forseeable future. At least that is how I understand their conflict.