View Single Post
Old 06-25-16, 03:56 PM   #15
rjord
Watch

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 0

Merchant ships and tankers in these missions will be based on historical vessels from records archived on microfilm. With access to the hand written vessel movement cards for these vessels I can accurately recreate the locations of these vessels and tag the vessel with their correct names and what speed , course etc they were doing at that time.

These missions will also include events in Australian and New Zealand water where for example 36 ships were sunk in Australian water by enemy submarine and 23 ships were sunk by enemy ships such as the Japanese heavy cruiser Tone.

One mission will also recreate the circumstances where the hospital ship AHS Centaur was torpedoed 4:10 am on 14 May 1943

I know that enemy subs can not be scripted to actually torpedo ships however I have an idea on how to include them in these missions.

I am looking at adding new merchant ships and tankers to SH4 for America, Australia, Britain, Canada, France, Germany, India, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand and Russia. There are a further 26 allied countries which had merchant navies during this period that I want to include as well.

Will look at how to go about doing this over the next week or so.

Below is a picture of the merchant ship Barossa which was in Darwin Harbor during the Japanese air raid in February 1942.

Below are the hand written movement records for the Barossa with the last line on this document showing in the Port column "Damaged Darwin"
rjord is offline   Reply With Quote