View Single Post
Old 03-28-18, 10:32 PM   #23
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7p8 View Post
I just made scenario for TMA training in "real" mission. Main feature is that primary target all the time makes low random course changes.

This scenario probably will be very easy with auto TMA

This is video from my game:

<cut>

Link to scenario is description (under video)

P.S. I forgot to uncheck "read only" from replay.dat file so this video haven't replay at end
Enjoyable and informative video, BUT it still doesn't actually disprove the validity of the earlier discussed technique of using the last 2 or 3 master contact hits.

Admitedly, this will be hard to show, but since conditions change between the time of the weapon release and the actual Torp target acquisition (all that being variable), I'm more interested in the immediate TMA solution (Bearing, Speed, Course and Range) that you utilized for weapon firing (not the Torp settings), compared to the instantaneous "Show Truth" information (Bearing, Speed, Course and Range). Especially if you can manage to just use the last 2 or 3 master contact hits to get the immediate TMA solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7p8 View Post
Subsim is user "un-friendly" in this case

Try ro use external images host services like imgur or similar.
Thanks. Here's Figure 1.6.3 of the RedBook that I was referring to earlier.

Quote:

Figure 1.6.3 Depicts a dual array contact on target in lead LOS. Note that no matter what the LOS, or what the target is doing, a dual array contact always represents truth. Also note that the same solution would be attained with only two sets of bearing lines instead of the three sets that are present.
Now with the discussion deviating to the inaccuracy of the towed array introduced in DW vice SubSim. It would be interesting to prove or disprove the validity of the dual contact accuracy vs the longer TMA solutions that your videos are showing. I would believe that more than likely three sets may actually be required now in DW due to the induced towed array error.

Last edited by Gray Lensman; 03-28-18 at 10:58 PM.
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote