View Single Post
Old 11-13-18, 06:15 PM   #5914
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
FWIW, although I'm sure the Trump haters don't care.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/201...Tb3ApAdODkCoaI
Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I believe that it was communicated within minutes of the decision but the hostile press portrays it differently.

What unmitigated BS. The President is the Commander-In-Chief and if he really want to attend, he could have overridden any arguments to the contrary. This is just the latest of several lame excuses Trump and his minions have rolled out to save his political ass. Even members of previous Presidential staff tasked with POTUS outdoor appearance have stated they always, always, had rain option factored in to the pre-planning for POTUS appearances; that Trump and his staff did not, only points, again, to the scatterbrained nature of their brand of misgovernment and mismanagement. What was Trump's real fear? That he might get wet and start dissolving into the ground while crying out "I'm Melting!! I'm melting!! ... Ohhhhh, what a world, what a world..."...

You know, they just don't make Presidents like they used to:

When it rained on the day of the above ceremony, Truman's staff and the military brass tried to talk him into either taking the ceremony indoors, where only a few of the unit members, as representatives of the whole, would receive/witness the awarding, or for Truman to not attend and just allow one of the ranking military brass make the award on Truman's behalf. Truman immediately nixed the ideas; he told his subordinates that if brave men such as the 442nd, with their history of service could march and stand in the rain, the least he could do for them was to do likewise; he also told them that the whole of the unit deserved to be present and witness their achievement, not just a few in an indoor setting...

<O>