View Single Post
Old 08-14-15, 09:07 AM   #6
justmatt101
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

3rd week of October, 1939

Back to the waters off New York, where the Kriegsmarine just aborted one attack on a convoy due to poor positioning. Seriously, if your subs start astern of the convoy, you're often SOL.

Here, an ambush of four U-boats nets some kills but also sees our first loss of the war.

U-30 manages to kill HMS Jervis by firing her fish BEHIND the destroyer, assuming, correctly, the destroyer will wheel about to respond to the freighters dying behind her.

Meanwhile, U-29 and U-39 wreak havoc before disengaging, sinking three large freighters between them. A neat trick I've picked up....maybe it's occurred to everyone else...but I jot down the torpedo bearings for multiple targets before committing a massed spread. The results are spectacular.

But U-40 never gets lined up, and HMS Venoc rattles U-30 with HE fired around the scope, causing hull damage, before finishing the doomed U-boat with depth charges.

Love this game! But I'm not exactly a sub ace. I think, too, I'll move surface ships to the waters near the U.S. I'm not getting help from the Kriegsmarine as a whole. No one else is doing anything. In a previous attempt, I saw 200,000+ tons chipped in by other commanders by now....

We're losing.....at least Leipzig and Koln are back. Time to replace that sub.
Tally so far: Roughly 200,000 tons and four destroyers.

Last edited by justmatt101; 08-14-15 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Fixed pic
justmatt101 is offline   Reply With Quote