View Single Post
Old 07-10-12, 05:48 PM   #45
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Makes me think,
for those of us who are still facebook friends with former SH team member Dan Dimitrescu, you will notice he NEVER posts about his escapades in SH3/4/5, even though he poured his heart and soul into those projects at the time, I cant blame the guy, as I've had a taste of it for myself, I used to love installing mods for SH3 and discovering all the shiny new toys, then I worked on GWX 2.0, but did i want to play it afterwards? not really....
Then theres the IOS racer i worked on for over a year, do I even play that? No! it just brings back too many agonizing memories!
I reckon it must be the same with actors that dont like to watch their own shows or Musicians that dont like to listen to their own albums, painters that dont like to look at their own exhibits etc.

Playing games is for fun, but making them is bloody hard work, motivation is one thing you need, but mental endurance is another!
Ive worked in I.T support, behind a Bar, on a shop floor, all of them had their testing moments where I just wanted to walk out, but nothing came as close to breaking my will, as games development.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote