View Single Post
Old 07-06-17, 01:20 AM   #6
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
That's better old boy, I see that Linux only has an 0.77% share which doesn't surprise me one bit, I tried it for a week after following Rockin Robbins tutorial but all that typing into that terminal thing brought back memories of MSDos which was a backward step in the wrong direction me thinks.
I've looked at the cinnamon desktop on youtube thinking that it might be a lot better than Ubuntu but they were still typing into the terminal on that OS as well so I kicked Linux into touch.

I currently have a desktop I7 and an I5 laptop, both of them are running Win7 professional so I'll stick with the OS that I know best for now, if Linux can come up with an OS that you don't have to keep constantly typing into to get anywhere with it I'd give it a go but until then its off my bucket list.
Had the same impression myself: Linux is too much of a throwback to DOS and too much of a bother, generally. My needs are simple and, if needs be, I have the knowledge and experience to handle whatever hiccups MS may throw my way, so I don't really see the need to complicate things by having to learn an OS that represents less than 1% of the platforms currently running. My digital 'footprint' is very, very small (no social media other than this forum) and I am at an age where whatever the "Man" might be able to suss from my web wanderings are of no use to them, unless they really, really care about the banalities of a senior citizen's life; I get the feeling my life is so boring, I, myself, won't notice when I die...

No, no need for complications: just fire it up and run it...

<O>