View Single Post
Old 01-25-15, 01:45 PM   #14
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Snippet of the last WOTA-Newsletter about the progress made in 2014:

Progress made in 2014:

- Visually WOTA definitely reached desktop quality on mobile now.
- Implemented my custom high performant global illumination system.
- new custom physically based shaders with real time IBL (Image based lighting).
- Improved the water shader with transparency and refractions.
- Water color based on weather and lighting.
- Water shader works now for higher altitudes of the camera - up to 10,000 meters.
- New realistic underwater environment with correct visibility, crepuscular rays and caustics.
- new FX, fire, smoke, depth charge explosions, large water splashes and new ship trails.
- New dynamic clouds with correct lighting. Weather FX like thunderbolts (this all works with real time IBL).
- All new 3D model of the Type VII U-Boat „U 96“.
- Highly detailed 3D interor of the command room.
- New buoyancy and underwater physics system.
- Correct hydrodynamic simulation - matches historic Type VII test data by 90% in all situations.
- Correct simulation of the diesel engines and propulsion. (which means for you: absolutely correct acceleration and fuel consumption).
- Correct simulation of all ballast tanks (including damage) based on newest scientific research for computer controlled ballast tanks. (my head is still smoking)
- Physically correct aircraft simulation based on the blade element theory
- Aircraft AI which really flies the aircraft with a virtual joystick. (crazy stuff, would in theory even work with RC models if they are fitted with sensors)
- New skin shader for the new characters.
- School of fish implemented into my underwater environment
- Tons of stuff and optimizations under the hood.

Some youtube movies (please visit my channel to watch more):
- A great example of the visual quality of WOTA and the new lighting/shaders:
- Heavy seas and new clouds (note: this shows the outdated buoyancy system):
- AI example, aircraft and gunners (note: the graphics in the video are terrible, they are made for testing of the AI only!)

Name of the first game changed to "WOTA: U 96"
It will be released in 2015 (more earlier than later). Learn more about "WOTA: U 99“: http://www.wolves-of-the-atlantic.co...at-subsim.html
(the website is available in english and german language)

New Screenshots:
http://www.wolves-of-the-atlantic.co...tlantic-1.html

WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - upcoming mobile U-boat simulation for iOS (later Mac, PC, Linux) • subsim forumfacebook
v-i-c- is offline   Reply With Quote