Old 12-25-13, 02:25 AM   #1
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default WOTA: U 96 - mobile submarine simulation for iOS

Website: http://www.wolves-of-the-atlantic.co...-mobilesu.html

NAME CHANGED TO "WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - U 96"

"WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - Arcade Missions" …Winter 2014 for iOS Edit: <-- NAME WILL BE CHANGED

This video just shows the start menu of the first title of the WOTA submarine simulation series: "WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - Arcade Missions". (Graphics quality of iPod touch 5 gen., iPhone 4S, iPad2)… Well, actually I think it also shows some nice mobile 3D Graphics and I really didn't thought I could even add this PostFX… but it works :-)

Does "Arcade Missions" mean "arcade mode"? No!
It's a realistic U-Boat simulation for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. But instead of freely navigating during the missions of a campaign the games offers a fast arcade style campaign mode to go from battle to battle without the need to use a map and with no land at all in V1.0 - hence the name "Arcade Missions". Also it does not offer "super extra realism" like the later titles will do.
Some more details after Christmas…

Please note: The Seehund sub sim will be delayed because of this title - I've changed target of development to "Arcade Missions" already in october.

Supported platforms:

first:
- iOS

Later after the other mobile titles of WOTA are out:
then possibly:
- Mac OS X

later possibly supported platforms: (in order of their possible release dates):
- Windows
- Linux

Features:

Features of "WOTA: U 96"

• A Type VIIC U-Boat simulation.

• Full realism. Physical accurate simulation of ballast tanks, engines and hydrodynamic behavior.

• A new campaign style with fast access to combat situations (no long range map navigation, no land).

• Tactical map (short range)
• Historically accurate AI and ASDIC behavior based on original research.

• U-Boat interior (Command Room).

• Standard Torpedoes.

• Standard weapons (2 cm Flak 30, MG-34, 8.8 cm Sk C/35 naval gun).

• A basic set up of enemy ships which will be extended by updates.

• Physical accurate Flight Simulation, the aircraft AI controls the aircrafts with a virtual joystick.

• Game Center support.

Release Date (iOS): 2015

Game will be improved with each update. New ship types etc. will be added as soon as they are finished. The goal is to push out this title fast.

WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - upcoming mobile U-boat simulation for iOS (later Mac, PC, Linux) • subsim forumfacebook

Last edited by v-i-c-; 01-17-15 at 07:09 AM.
v-i-c- is offline   Reply With Quote