View Single Post
Old 06-27-17, 11:13 AM   #927
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I have often wondered about what is legal in purchase of a quality weapon in the State of Nevada. So you say you can drive to Reno and purchase a 9 shot Italian semi auto shot gun put it in the trunk and drive home to California or Utah or Arizona or even Oregon (but you may have to cross CA state line to get to Oregon.

What happens if you get stopped and all you have is a cash registrar receipt? Will they confiscate the car and or the weapon? Should you rent a car in case of the worst?

Very interested in your answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Thank you for that answer Steve ... Aktungbby decided to ignore the questions. When I purchased my hand gun a Tarsus 44special for $350 the gun shop said that I could carry it in the trunk and ammunition in a safe place in the car or truck as long as it was separate from the gun locked in the trunk. Like a ammo box perhaps. Like for for when you go to a target range for target practice.

On the wall behind it was a beautiful black short barrel Italian extra capacity semi-automatic shot gun for $750. I wanted it so bad, but no where to keep it, plus the money is needed for other things.

So that's why I asked about Reno, but how does a person keep his or her discipline and not try to win some money at the tables and wind up paying twice what they would've of for the gun and ammunition in the first place?

Oh by the way all of this comes under the title "What are you going to do in real life"
I didn't ignore the question I simply have not yet seen all of the 2017 regulations to B able to give a coherent 'professional' answer which someone might take as gospel with a lot of pain as a result. Some officers simply correct your transportation error-they're usually gun-buffs too- and separate the ammo from the weapon; (that happened to me enroute to a target range once) others will arrest to show pro-active 'milling about smartly' on their log sheet to superiors. I personally keep stuff in locking briefcases in the trunk...and always keep my hands on the wheel when stopped on a routine traffic violation, even on the job, in full gear-armed with the permits, and have witnessed differences of procedural opinion between pairs of officers. Fortunately, in my case, the additional CCW prevails and the firearm matter is dropped after ten minutes of discussion as not worthy for a judge's attention....but not the speeding ticket!https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/pdf/cfl2016.pdf (2016 rules: pg. 6)

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 06-27-17 at 11:28 AM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote