View Single Post
Old 03-31-14, 09:07 PM   #975
Sinkmore
Shore leave

Downloads: 127
Uploads: 0

I am obliged to say, Thank you KptLt. JScones, for SH3 Commander, and for JGSME.

Long story short, I have repeated all of the user mistakes mentioned in this thread, and a few others, and can confirm that the solutions provided here all worked, and were covered in the documentation also; which I read thoroughly several times in the course of botching things up over and over, through no fault of anybody's but my own.

But everything's ship shape now, and I am winning the Battle of the Atlantic, at 13% realism lol (until I can steer the boat and chew gum at the same time). It would hardly be possible without 'Commander and JGSME.

Years ago in this thread JScones asked for suggestions for the (eternal?) next rev. I might have one that isn't impossible:

So, one excruciating "feature" in SH3 is its ability to delete huge lumps of careers, if you're ever fool enough to actually load or delete an old saved game yourself. It makes me wonder what I *am* supposed to do with them. I am frankly more afraid of the saved game screen than of enemy sonar - I've lost far more Kapitans to this screen than to depth charges. Anyway, if SH3C took the saved game files and managed them in a sober and responsible way and only let SH3 use them under appropriate supervision, well, that would just be great.

I made a copy of my entire /Documents/SH3 folder, and I suppose I could do that after every save... Or maybe time travel spoils the realism?

Well, I hadn't intended to make this a feature request! So NVM that, just thanks for the awesome tools!
Sinkmore is offline   Reply With Quote