View Single Post
Old 07-15-08, 08:30 AM   #153
Dirk Teknik
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Vista Woes

I see the last update was nigh on a year back - since then has anyone got the definitive way of making SH3 work reliably on Vista?

My own experience - moved countries, left my clunky old XP tower system back in the UK on basis it probably wouldn't survive seafreightage. Brought SH3 disc and purchased new laptop en route to new home, laptop came with vista. Didn't overly concern me at the time as I remembered the needless fuss & resistance I'd made going from Win 95 to 98 but oh boy is this different. Hate vista with a pasion - to the point of going to local software store to buy a copy of XP - possible for around $140 BUT not possible to install because Sony haven't issued the driver mods to enable my unit to run XP in place of vista

I've now installed SH3, done the "starforce" update thing, uninstalled SH3, re-installed once more (being careful to always select "XP" in the "compatibility" settings - even for the "setup" file). Now I'm in the situation where sometimes it will work, but more frequently it freezes during loading and its the "power off" button to kill the computer as the only way out. Had a play with some of the other settings on "properties" (Disable Visual / Desktop / Scaling etc) but nothing seems to improve the reliability

Any Ideas please?

Regards

Dirk Teknik
Dirk Teknik is offline   Reply With Quote