View Single Post
Old 01-23-18, 11:50 AM   #2
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 348
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviv View Post
Compared with SH4 where most of the freighters in your patrol zone will be friendly, how do you ensure that a given ship is enemy when you can't make out the flag on the mast? How do you know if it belongs to a neutral or friendly country when it's night and stormy?

In my current campaign it's September 1940 and I am having a hard time finding targets I don't want to pass up the chance to add to my puny tonnage.

Any tips?
HI Aviv

You could turn your Gamma up in video settings its a little bit of a cheat that may make enough difference to see the flag.

Depending on what mods you use and setup Neutral ships show up as Green ,Enemy Red friendly Blue on the Nav map . I'm guessing you already know that

Sometimes some ship types are only built for certain countries but you would need an accurate ID for that, possibly by getting into position with the moon silhouetting the ship

I use Sh5 + WOS Mod there is periscope filters which can sometimes help brighten the image enough

Otherwise I think the only other option is to trail the ship(s) on the surface at a distance you can't be spotted until there is sufficient daylight. Just don't go too mad with the TC or you could loose contact or run to close and be seen, resulting with destroyers homing in on you

It all depends on how "real" you want to keep things

Simon
Attached Images
File Type: gif animated-union-jack-01.gif (7.2 KB, 63 views)

Last edited by Cyborg322; 01-23-18 at 12:10 PM.
Cyborg322 is offline   Reply With Quote