View Single Post
Old 02-12-15, 11:31 AM   #53
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublynx View Post
I'll try displacement then. We'll see how that works.
I use the BRT numbers right out of LGN1's Color_RecManual_V2, available at Plissken's (natch!). They match the numbers which NYGM posts to my .clg file closely enough that SH3Log (another LGN1 product) is happy with them. Sometimes, BdU says that they have "corrected" my estimates using "other sources", (Abwehr presumably) but they don't throw them out. BTW, I seldom get the ship ID right. Since I use Hitman's GUI, I don't need an accurate ID to get a firing solution, so I usually ID after the fact. (This was certainly done often RL, to judge by the first-person accounts.) With 100+ ship classes in MFM and periodic changes in ship skins, I can seldom guess the right class. One Medium Merchant looks pretty much like another. I'm sure this was true RL, as well. But, since one Medium Merchant also displaces pretty much like another, the numbers are good enough to satisfy BdU, as represented by SH3Log. After I have submitted my report, I do peek in the saved .clg file just to score myself, and the tonnages are within 20%, while the ship classes are all over the park. But I have just finished Volume 1 of Blair's book, and I do better than the historical Kaleuns!
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote