View Single Post
Old 09-07-11, 07:40 AM   #29
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

This Validator is extremely valuable for modders. Many thanks for it TDW.

I tested it with the NYGM super-mod, and it picked up a handful of minor problems - including a discontinuity with equipment items (NSS_Submarine7a.eqp) with Sergbuto's AI U-boats, present from the original. The schnorchel entries are not numbered in sequence from other items.

It also picked up that the NYGM campaign_RND.mis file used for a selection of merchant ships from IABL lacked roster entries for two ships assigned to Canada and to Greece (my error, not IABL's). This will not affect NYGM users, who are provided with a generic-merchants campaign_RND.mis file, but definitely does affect its intended replacement campaign file, in which most of the generic merchants were to be replaced with defined merchant ships.

I have found that generic merchant ships in convoys seem to be unhappy in SH3; for example they often sulk after an attack and refuse to move any further. This is never a problem with scripted, defined, merchant ships in convoys. It suddenly occurred to me: how was it that the devs provided defined merchant ships in their campaign_RND.mis, when it would have been easier, and have provided greater variety, if all the convoys in stock SH3 were generic? Answer: the devs must have discovered the same problem, and avoided it with the use of defined ships in the convoys.

Maybe this problem also affects SH5?

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote