View Single Post
Old 01-13-07, 04:56 AM   #26
joea
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikigod
You are tlaking about the sims from a modding stand point. I was talking about them out of box.

Falcon 4.0 the original version had an excellent campaign engine out of box. The campagin itself isn't a mod and its the strongest campaign engine you can find for a flight sim.

Combat Flight Simulator 3 also has a strong campaign engine out of box. I can fly from England across the channel bomb Germany, Belgium, or France and fly back.
This is all out of box with no mods.

Both allow me to see a progressed war where everything I bomb actually manipulates or changes the environment for the next mission. These games actually have a feel that I am paticipating in WW2 and fighting on the front lines.

Maddox games do not. Maddox has an excellent dogfighting sim, an excellent bombing sim, and excellent carrier take off and landing sim. But, as the having the look and feel that I am in a war is about as exciting as the front lines in LOMAC. Its just small groups of jeeps, aa guns, tanks, here and there and thats it. It doesn't give me the feeling I am in WW2 only that I am participating in small skirmishes.
Hmmm from what I've read the CFS3 campaign engine could have strange results, anyway I don't think one pilot should affect the course of the war as much as is shown in many dynamic engines.

The best campaigns are user-made static campaigns, IMHO. Even the least few addons for Il-2 have included some superb static campaigns. I know you can only play them once or twice, but there are sooooo many you can be kept busy for ages.

I hear what you are saying about out of the box...but the best dynamic campaign generator I've seen is DCG by Lowengrin.
http://www.lowengrin.com./news.php A bit complicated but very powerful and it has moving vehicles and a front line that can be pushed forward or back.

Lastly some hope for single missions (and the static campaigns too) some guy is working in a random genetator, can't find the link though darn it.
joea is offline   Reply With Quote