Thread: [REL] Rockets mod
View Single Post
Old 01-17-17, 06:44 AM   #109
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon14

@ the_frog : I can no more export the models as .obj files, is it normal ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Like this?
....... well... you are just incredible mate !

Quote:
This is the model that the_frog pointed us to, and that I started working on. I have already reassenbled its parts in their correct positions, detached the wings from the fuselage (in game, wheels, wheel doors, inner and outer wing sections, guns, ailerons, elevators and rudder will be separate/destroyable parts), corrected some small mistakes and optimized it for use in game. As you know, I am currently creating a set of configurable textures to mimic the various paint schemes applied by USN/USMC and FAA in different war theaters and at various stages of the war. I am almost done with the US versions and I am about to start with the British ones
Great news !

Quote:
I might overlap the two Hellcat models to the Wildcat one, and modify the latter to look like a Hellcat.
I think it's a good idea. Even if the one of Pack 3D looks really nice. What is the level of detail of the Wildcat model you're working on ?

Quote:
If in the meanwhile some expert wants to point me to other salient external differences between the two planes, he is the welcome
I think this may help you a lot :

Quote:
Just in case, here is my version of the 100lb GP US bomb:

And here are the files:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1gfud1...00lb_AN-M30.7z
I thank you very much for this awesome model, but I won't include it in the first version of this mod. I think it would be better to create a complete library (with labels in pounds and not kilogramms) of well modelled bombs, whereas having several models which are so different between them.

Good work ! Waiting for pics about the Wildcat !

Last edited by Kendras; 01-17-17 at 07:00 AM.