View Single Post
Old 01-17-17, 05:19 AM   #108
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
@ gap : as you're working on the Wildcat's model, could you delete the surface which is hidding the pilot's body ?

Like this?

This is the model that the_frog pointed us to, and that I started working on. I have already reassenbled its parts in their correct positions, detached the wings from the fuselage (in game, wheels, wheel doors, inner and outer wing sections, guns, ailerons, elevators and rudder will be separate/destroyable parts), corrected some small mistakes and optimized it for use in game. As you know, I am currently creating a set of configurable textures to mimic the various paint schemes applied by USN/USMC and FAA in different war theaters and at various stages of the war. I am almost done with the US versions and I am about to start with the British ones

Quote:
Else, would it be possible to create the Hellcat's model, which is very similar to the Wildcat ? Thus, you could create dedicated textures for her !
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Hear! Hear! - I vote for a Hellcat airplane, please, and could we "borrow" it for FotRSU in SH4?...
Quote:
It seems you have no choice, gap ! (I'm jocking of course )
Well, it seems that the Hellcat was not too dissimilar in aspect from its predecessor. At first glance, some of the main differences are the reshaped wing profile, the lower wing position and the different undercarriage configuration

On cgtrader there is a free low-poly model of the aircraft. I didn't look into it yet, buit going by its picture it looks a bit under the standards of the Wildcat model that I am currently working on. On the other hand, Pack 3D got another model, extracted from Damage Inc. Pacific Squadron, but its poly count is a bit too high for our game.

I might overlap the two Hellcat models to the Wildcat one, and modify the latter to look like a Hellcat or I might use the low-poly Hellcat, staright-away or with some detail added, but I wont promise anything at this moment. If in the meanwhile some expert wants to point me to other salient external differences between the two planes, he is the welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_frog View Post
some time ago, Testpilot did a new version of the bomb library; it is included in LSH and CCoM.
Quote:
I don't find the files in my LSH 5.1 installation.
Just in case, here is my version og the 100lb GP US bomb:

And here are the files:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1gfud1...00lb_AN-M30.7z

The model should be ready for importing in game (smoothing groups are removed, faces are triangulated and the model is flipped on its X axis), some edge splitting might be required for it to look god in game though.
You might also want to resize its texture file. Note that I have set the model with two materials: one for the metal fuze, and another for the painted body and fins. Both of them use the same texture. You should set the two materials according to your taste, and add them to the parent node that you want to import the bomb in, before actually importing it... at least this is how you will be prompted by S3d. Dunno if adding the missing material after importing the model will make any difference. Let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_frog View Post
By the way, I can offer Tallboy, Grand Slam and FX1400 3D models ... not of any use, since their characteristics cannot be simulated by SH3/4
Quote:
Why can't the Tallboy, Grand Slam and FX1400 be simulated in SH3 ?
You Migh ask Madox58 a.k.a Privateer, a.k.a Jeff Grooves. He had something like that in the making

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//sho...034#post879034
gap is offline   Reply With Quote