View Single Post
Old 02-20-16, 10:54 AM   #10
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
So what's worse?, being trapped in a confined space but sleeping on a warm bunk, wearing clean, dry clothes and eating hot chow?, or sitting in an open foxhole up to your knees in mud, soaked to the bone, wearing the same clothes you've had on for a month while sleet and freezing rain pelts down on your head?
I've red in one of my WW2 books how jealous the different units where in an army.
The infantry was jealous of their bomber crew flying overhead due their comfortable non-combat situation and flying up there in their eyes they regarded as less dangerous whilst the bomber crew looked at the infantry with envy as when they get shot at could seek cover in their foxholes whilst their bombers had to stick in formation.

Been stuck in a confined space in a combat situation has a great deal of effect on the human mind I'd wager. I for one would rather be stuck in the mud but at least free to make my own choices in a combat situation when it comes to looking for safe spots to seek cover and in turn help others.