View Single Post
Old 01-29-18, 01:41 PM   #1671
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Well it's been a particularly disappointing window I must say. I'm not one for gossip nor rumors, unless they concern football transfers, in which case I can not get enough. So this window has left me feeling a bit depressed. Not enough action, nor has there been enough rumors of action.

But there is still time, though not much.

As for the TOON striker search.... they desperately need someone who can put the ball in the back of the net. Someone who can come in and grab eight or ten goals in the second half of the season. Not so easy to find though. I had thought they should make a run at Chicharito. Now I hear it's Sturridge, expected by lunch, but a no show? Rumors, yeah. What about Giroud? Haven't seen enough of Newcastle this year to know if they'd be better off with a target man or a poacher. Probably doesn't matter much as long as they find the net. Takeover talks spanning transfer windows should be outlawed. as the real losers are the Newcastle supporters.

Years ago I recall playing a long save on one of the Football Manager games as Newcastle. FM 2009 maybe? Not sure, probably later as I had Demba Ba and Cisse. FM 2011 probably. Anyway, Adam Campbell was in the reserves, and I groomed him and brought him up. He ended his career a Legend, with over 600 goals in all competitions. A poacher of the highest calber. Money. Oh, what could have been

Actually, I see he's at Morecambe now and has amassed 13 goals in his career. What's Shearer up to? Sign him up.