UI_folder = foxtrot
[OBJECT_19] <<<
objectname = Equipment Storage
[MISC_OBJECTS]
electricmotorobj=5
equipmentobj=31 <<<
periscopeobj=9
turbinegeneratorobj=5
Tweak these to match and everything works as it ought to.

Would be nice if Diesel-Electrics wouldn't be given objectives off on the other end of the world - it's a bit tedious to get there.

As for equipment, I can see what most of them do, but what's a chemical suit for? Gas masks presumably reduce the effect of low oxygen, but what are leather gloves for?

The guide in the version linked on the first page doesn't mention the +/- keys for the sonar's warbook, either.
Thank you for pointing these out, I will try to include some fixes soon. To answer your questions: the chemical suit is like a less-effective radiation suit, but it is less bulky and the crewman will become tired less quickly while wearing it. They are not particularly useful unless you have run out of radiation suits. The leather gloves help with firefighting, welding and torpedo loading slightly, but make repairs of electronics or machinery more difficult (slower).

Side note: the gas mask helps with radiation but does not help with low-oxygen environments. The SCBA gear is the only piece of equipment which will help a crewman in an area without oxygen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningy View Post
I've been playing for a while now (about 7ish months) and i would like to say well done, this game is so complex and the depth (pun intended) is superb!

I have started making custom subs and i put one with 8 missiles and 8 tubes together, however there is no way for me tor fire more than 4 of the tubes (basically all extra tubes are just there and can NEVER be fired only the first 4 that are declared). I was wondering if, perhaps, there is a way to have more than 4 tubes and still be able to use them all?
Hi Lightningy, welcome and thank you for sharing your submarine design! I will see if it is possible to add in more torpedo tubes for you in the next update. The main reason I added the limit was because the launch buttons would not fit on the weapon systems control panel screen!
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote