View Single Post
Old 06-29-18, 09:13 AM   #10
VoidsX
Watch

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Sure...Playing this game must make some sense...
Generally speaking I like this mod, it raises the difficulty considerably from stock, air patrols are extensive and could easily sink you even in 1939, destroyers, once they are close enough to ping you don't let go and youre in serious trouble then, even in 1939.. and if youre in shallow water, most likely dead.

But lets not go from that to comparing it to real life cause I don't think its close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Sinclair View Post
I tried to sink the Warspite on my first LSH3 patrol. Suffering from my torpedo malfunctions, I finally managed to score three hits on her after reloading my save (very often). She capsized, sank to the ground, but I got no sinking confirmation. I did encounter various destroyers, but managed to escape. It felt as difficult as (stock) SH5.
In shallow waters, you are supposed to hit the battleship below the turrets, triggering secondary explosions. Worked well in SH4 and SH5, but I did not manage to do so in LSH3.

Best,
Brett

p.s.:
I then sank the Illustrious instead. Two torps were enough to break her up.
Thanks for the tip, but how did you find 2 capital ships on your first patrol? I barely find any Royal Navy ships bigger than destroyers, and here I am trying to sneak into ports looking for them
VoidsX is offline   Reply With Quote