View Single Post
Old 10-19-17, 03:52 AM   #1
Liquidje
Nub

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default Looking for a new subsim to play, can you give me tips on which one?

Hi guys,

First of all, I understand topics like this get posted all the time, that's why I am not asking for the best game, but something that suits my needs.

so I have posted here once quite a while ago, and I really crave me some subsim. I got quite a few, like SH3, SH4, SH5, Dangerous Waters, 688i Hunter/Killer and more. I tried them all, but since getting into a subsim takes a few hours I never really got into most of them, save for SH3. And now I am considering either playing SH3 again, or take on some of the other subsims (doesn't matter if I own it or not). Maybe you guys can help point me in the right direction.

First off, I am looking for a sim, no arcade stuff. What I REALLY enjoyed about SH3 was how complex it was to learn manual targetting, and I really enjoyed taking minutes to plan out your shot, making measurements and adjustments etc and seeing if my shot landed or not. Especially using sonar, drawing enemies on the map and measuring their speed etc. I look for that kind of realism.

Any tips? Or is SH still the true king?
Liquidje is offline   Reply With Quote